The first half Year - a Retrospective

17th of May - 20th of November 2018: The first half year - six wonderful, exhausting, inspiring, life changing and challenging months - are over. The days are getting shorter, the nights colder, nature settles for its winter rest; time to go within, for warm woolen socks, for mending our broken shoes (leguanos) and looking back on the year so far.


Our plan not to have a plan turned out to be just exactly right. While most people expected us to be already in South of Spain or on the Canary Islands by this time of the year, we are still in France (Jonathan) and Germany (Daniela and Kosma) - planning for a reunion in Andalucía, South of Spain, in January 2019.

But don't worry: this rather long break of several weeks does not mean the end of the Changehiker project. Quite on the contrary it is a healthy break - the first one of surely more to come - which we use for individual space, needs and experiences. Jonathan visited his mother in France one more time before starting his single adventure to Andalucía - which he actually did today! - and Kosma and I are visiting family and friends in West and South Germany.

Within the following weeks I would like to share a first estimation, a kind of reality check, with our readers on following topics and give you the chance for further questions, which then I can add to the list:

1. How easy or possible is it actually to travel long distance with a child by mainly foot?

2. What are our experiences traveling with a child with little to no money?

3. Benefits and challenges for us as family on the journey.

4. Benefits and challenges for Kosma as a 2 year old on the journey.

 
To dwell a little in memories with us, I invite you to enjoy the following pictures of a wild mix of some of many locations where we've slept the past few months.

Keep on changing!

















Kommentare

  1. Thanks Daniela for your post!
    To start the discussion here I'd like share, that it is quite challenging to travel that way with a child, but absolutely possible. For example what helped us was to hike less kilometres a day and to make more "funbreaks", meaning that we made breaks with Kosma for example on beaches or playgrounds or with families, so that life is more fun on the way, not only for the child but also for us...😀

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Happy to read updates of you :) I wish you all the best ! Was really nice to meet you. I couldn’t forget your positive mood and Kosmas smile !

    Baptiste

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hey Guys my name is Chris and I wanna to Ask you if I could join your walk around the world. I would like to get new inspiration and a different kinda look at our Consuming Population.
    I got my Stuff together and packed, I am ready to go or I should say I'm ready to walk and travel.
    Or maybe you Guys could give me a really good advice where I should start or where I can meet People how wanna travel by foot like back in the days ?!?
    Thank you and I hope you answer me.
    Have a nice Time,
    Your Chris

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen